Work Study is a type of financial aid, financed through state or federal funds, allows students to work part-time on campus in a department of their choice (depending on job availability). Students work from five to 20 hours per week during the school year and up to 40 hours per week during the summer.
How To Be Considered for a Work Study Opportunity
- Submit a FAFSA form to the financial aid office early in the school year
- Demonstrate financial need
- Indicate interest in a work-study position on the FAFSA (FAFSA Code: 007350)
Accept Your Award & Choose a Job
- Review and accept your award notification from Financial Aid. Be sure to accept your work study eligibility
- Create a student account on College Central using your STARID to search for Work Study/Student Worker positions.
On the Welcome Page click on the options for "Students”
To view current work study job openings:
- Once logged in to College Central, select "Search-My School's Jobs
- On the "My School's Jobs" page, select the "Advanced Search" option to the right
- In the KEYWORDS field, type "SW-ATC" then scroll down and select "Begin Search"
- View current job postings for student worker (work study) positions
- Request an Interview: Contact the supervisor or department shown to request an interview
- Interview for the Position: Bring your resume and related materials to the interview
- Tax Documents: If you are hired, complete the Student Employment Authorization Form (including W-4 and I-9 forms) and return completed forms to the Financial Aid Office
Assistance in locating off-campus employment is provided by the Career Services Office.
FAFSA Help Nights on Campus
Get one-on-one assistance to complete your FAFSA. Email Finaid@AnokaTech.edu to reserve a spot.
Spring FAFSA Help Events are yet to be scheduled. Please check the college calendar for updates.
Bring a copy of your taxes or a copy of your parent/guardian's taxes if you are under 24 years old.